This is a bit of an intense Full Blue Moon, so if you have been feeling slightly off or anxious…this may be amplifying underlying things to look at. A relaxing bath with epsom salts and oils is definitely in order. My essential oils of choice at this time: palo santo for energy clearing, and rose for heart soothing.
As with all Full Moons, we are working with polarities and strong ones this month, providing the need to find greater balance in our lives. Let’s look at the major aspects at play ;
- Neptune can create confusion – take time to withdraw to understand your emotional reactions before you act or speak
- Zosma star is linked to anxiety and depression – so if this is coming in strong for you, you are likely not alone
- Saturn indicates strength & that we have the power to overcome our challenges at hand
- Virgo is practical, and in conjunction with Saturn, we can move past that which is no longer needed in our lives
Virgo is also connected to digestion. As part of this time of release, try to bring into your life things that are simple and easy – this includes foods that are simple to digest, and surrounding yourself with energies that will enable greater flow. If you need to remove yourself from situations, you always have the power to and ability to do so with grace.
Full Moon Meditation
For this meditation, we will work with Nadi Shodana – balancing breath. First let’s move any excess or negative energy:
- Bridge or Wheel pose to release stored energy in the heart
- Lions breath (yes with your tongue out – no one’s watching)
If you have essential oils like rose or palo santo, apply these to your wrist and heart, and diffuse in your meditation space. If you burn sage or palo santo, this is recommended at this time too. If you would like music, try this 852Hz frequency for release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vvpsIiUVKY&t=707s
Begin by closing your eyes and focusing on a steady inahle exhale, just feeling the breath move through your body. As you inhale brining white light into your body and down to your root chakra, grounding this energy. Continue with this breath, allowing the white light to shine out from within you, creating a protective layer around you – only positive energy can flow in, but any energies needed can escape.
When you are ready, we will begin Nadi Shodana:
- With your right hand, begin by covering your left nostril and inhale through the right.
- Cover your right nostril and exhale through the left, then inhale through the left.
- Again cover your left nostril, exhale through the right, then inhale through the right.
- Continue this pattern of breath for 5-10 minutes.
Return to a steady easy breath through both nostrils simultaneously. Notice how your breath has changed. Continue with this easy breath for another 10 minutes, bringing your awareness with white light into your Heart Chakra. If emotion needs to be released through tears, movement, art or your voice (screaming works wonders too – so long as those around you know what’s going on!) – go for it! We keep so much buried inside, which continues to sit with us until it spontaneously releases – I prefer a semi-planned release for emotional control and health. When animals are under stress they shake it off and make noise – humans are really no different at our basic level – we also need to release the energy or it builds.
If you would like to take out your journal – create a list of challenges, a list of all you are grateful for, and a list of how to overcome your challenges. It’s much easier than it can seem at times, and often writing it down can help clear concerns and bring greater clarity to situations. If there’s something you don’t need in your life anymore, you can let it go – you have grown past it. You have the strength to overcome, and there is nothing wrong with taking time to honour yourself and your wellbeing. If we take better care of ourselves, we can take better care of those around us.
You are welcome to join us for Yin from 8-9pm on Thursday, March 1st. $10 first class! We incorporate meditation, gentle movement, somatic energy balancing techniques, essential oils with a focus on the Throat Chakra this week.