Hormone Yoga Therapy (HYT) for women is a natural and holistic method created by a Brazilian psychologist and Yoga therapist, Dinah Rodrigues. This practice respects the body as a whole, understanding the intricate connections of our glands, organs, and various systems. The objective is to reactivate in a natural way the hormone production of the endocrine glands of women: ovaries, thyroid, pituitary gland and adrenals. HYT combines elements of classical Hatha Yoga, Kundalini Yoga and Tibetan energy circulation techniques.
HYT consists of a special series of Dynamic Yoga exercises (asanas) to reactivate hormone production and, as a consequence, it eliminates most symptoms of hormonal imbalances. Asanas are accompanied by intense breathing techniques (pranayama), energetic level, concentration, visualization and relaxation (Yoga Nidra). Regular practice helps to harmonize the hormonal system and consequently eliminate the symptoms of low or unbalanced hormone levels.
HYT exercises are very simple and suitable for everyone. No previous Yoga experience is needed. Once learned, daily practice takes approximately 30 minutes. Practicing 3 – 4 times per week will give you optimal results.
HYT is Recommended For:
- Women of all ages with the symptoms of low hormones, with infertility concerns, PCOS, menstrual disorders, premenstrual stress syndrome (PMS), ovarian cysts and premature menopause.
- Helping to re-balance hormones post-partum
- Women from 35 years of age as a preventative therapy due to the decreasing ovarian activity and an associated gradual decrease in hormone production of the two main female hormones: estrogen and progesterone.
- Middle-aged women who wish to eliminate or alleviate the unpleasant symptoms of the onset of menopause, such as hot flashes, insomnia, night sweats, emotional instability, depression, headaches, difficulty concentrating, remembering, decreased libido, increased cholesterol, hair loss, dryness etc.
How Does HYT Help?
- Physically, HYT helps to strengthen muscles to correct posture for improved circulation and breath (alertness). It also helps to strengthen bones, to prevent osteoporosis – for more on Osteoporosis read this blog.
- Physiologically, HYT works to reactivate and balance hormones to mitigate illnesses and symptoms caused by imbalanced hormones, such as; hypothyroidism, depression, and many more (see list below).
- Emotionally, HYT helps offer ways to minimize stress, improve your sleep, help relieve anxiety and depression.
Attending an HYT workshop, such as the one Corinne will be hosting on September 8th & 9th at Studio 202, also offers you a network of other women facing similar concerns. This is an intimate workshop we hope will provide you with the support and connections you need to help heal your mind, body, and soul… and learn more about how to help yourself naturally!
How Do You Know HYT is Right For You?
If you struggle with one of the concerns below, HYT can offer you the natural tools and support to help you through the challenge.
- Emotional support – PMS, depression, memory, emotional instability due to low levels of thyroid hormones
- Low libido & dryness
- Fertility concerns
- Hair loss, brittle nails, dry skin, acne
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Insomnia, low energy, fatigue
If you have or are experiencing any of the below, please consult with you Dr or ND before joining HYT classes:
- Breast cancer (hormone dependent, before or after surgery)
- After breast cancer surgery (not hormone dependent) medical permission needed
- Advanced endometriosis (medical permission needed)
- Psychiatric problems
- Large myomas (medical permission needed)
- Non-diagnosed abdominal pain
- After heart surgery (medical permission needed)
- Women who had appendicitis and did not have the appendix removed
- Serious osteoporosis (risk of fractures)
- Labyrinthitis (inflammation of the inner ear) – Vertigo
- After any other surgeries
*Pregnant women should not participate
You can register for The HYT Workshop with Corinne September 8th & 9th (1-5pm), please clicking the highlighted link.
A little about Corinne, your HYT workshop guide:
Corinne’s friendly and joyful personality brings honesty, humour, and an open heart to her teaching. She balances and integrates her classes with breath, alignment, strength, and ease. With a communications and performing arts background, Corinne incorporates a love of yoga in all aspects of her life, including her work as a Certified Birth Doula (DONA) and Thai Yoga Massage Practitioner. In 2009 Corinne traveled to the birthplace of yoga; Rishikesh, India and completed her 500 hour teacher training from Akanda Yoga with Yogrishi Vishvketu. Recently, Corinne was trained and certified in Hormone Yoga Therapy by the founder Dinah Rodrigues. HYT is very popular in Europe particularly, Germany and Czech Republic, however in Canada Corinne is one of few teachers, certified. She is excited to bring this practice to Canada, and is honoured to be offering the workshop at Studio 202.
More Information about Dinah Rodrigues, Founder of HYT:
We look forward to hosting Corinne this fall and helping change many women’s lives for the better! We hope you can join us!