Not only is this our second Full Moon in January, but it’s also a Lunar Eclipse, and the first Blue Blood Moon in 150 years! It encompasses a strong, yet gentle feminine spirit reminding me of Goddess Isis. One of my favorite quotes that I feel epitomizes this comes from my favorite actress for her passionate care for humanity, Audrey Hepburn – “an iron fist in a velvet glove.” This spirit represents a woman who is strong enough to take on the world, will fight for the truth, and can do this with grace and not needing to take centre stage. There is great strength in serving others, and while this Fullmoon speaks to the feminine aspect, this is important in both men and women. We yin and yang, water and air, moon and sun, feminine and masculine. Balance is what makes us whole and allows life to thrive, but we need to pay attention to our true desires and purpose – letting go of ego and earthly desires, learning to trust our intuition and surrender.
On January 31st, we will have our second fullmoon of the month and year. Let’s look at some of the aspects at play:
- The opposition of the sun and moon encourage us to look at emotional issues.
- Ceres is a planet in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, representing feminine strength.
- Leo as we know, represents strength and likes to be seen and heard, while sensitive Cancer is more concerned with domestic issues.
- It also happens to be a Lunar Eclipse, which brings the last 6 months to a close, and allows for a new chapter to begin. In our meditation, we will examine these aspects with respect to our own life.
Before your meditation, have a nice bath or shower with salts and essential oils such as lavender, rose, geranium, jasmine, ylang ylang, and bergamot. Bring your pearls and crystals in for a good clean too! While you bathe, envision yourself washing off any excess that doesn’t belong to you – brush it away. Close your eyes and feel the radiance glowing from deep within you, extending out of your body.
For your meditation, bring your journal, your cleaned crystals, sage wand or lit candles. Create a comfortable space for yourself where you won’t be disturbed. Closing your eyes, inhale for 4, retain for 4, exhale for 6, hold out for 2 seconds. Repeat this breath, allowing yourself to sink deeper into your body, connecting to the Earth and to your highest self and to the radiance within you. Feeling this glow penetrating throughout your body, extending past your physical body into your aura.
If you have a mantra, feel free to repeat it. If you don’t, choose three qualities you wish to embody more of. Repeat to yourself: “I am first quality, I am second quality, I am third quality.” Feeling yourself continue to glow and truly embody this.
You are welcome to stay in your meditation for as long as you wish. I would recommend a minimum of 15 minutes.
- What are 10 things you are grateful for in this moment?
- What are your greatest strengths? Weaknesses?
- What do you wish to embody more of – feel free to write down your mantra. I encourage you to practice this every morning with your meditation, even if you only have 5-10 minutes. It will help start your day on the right foot, and you can use this mantra during challenging times to bring yourself back to centre.
- Are there areas in your life you could take a more balanced, objective approach? Visualize how this will improve situations that need more love.
- What can you surrender, to allow more space for flow in your life? Imagine letting this go – writing it down and burning the paper works, or visually seeing it evaporate from your body and aura.
- Do you have relationships that could be nurtured with greater love? Love for yourself & honouring your needs? Love for the other and respecting their perspective?
- What have you been working on since the end of July 2017? Where does this stand?
- What is your vision, that resonates with your highest self, for the next 6 months? Do you need to tweak anything from your Dec New Moon goals?
- What’s one thing you can do for yourself every day or every week to help yourself feel more loved?