Welcome to the Full Bloodmoon & Lunar Eclipse! This one is all about transformation, bringing February’s eclipse to a close, which likely ties back to 2011. Through this mediation, we will dive into ways to help you find peace while sifting through that which you no longer need, for a brighter, more aligned you! This moon is all about going with the flow and the ability to surrender & trust.
Let’s take a peek at what’s happening astrologically:
- Full Moon brings the tide high & the sun and moon are in polarity – our emotions are tied to water, and the polarity encourages us to look at finding more balance
- Eclipses are a time of major transformation – as I mentioned this one is connected to February and 2011
- Moon conjunct Mars speaks to a sense of bravery and strength
- Moon square Uranus suggests impulsiveness or mood swings
- Mars square Uranus shines on our rebellious side!
- Moon sextile Saturn is about protection of those close to us
- Saturn trine Uranus signals transition to greater peace
- Retrograde planets – when they appear to be moving in a backwards motion
- Mars in Aquarius (until Aug 27) suggests a sense of frustration
- Saturn in Capricorn (until Sept 6) governs our karma and ethics
- Neptune in Pisces (until Nov 25) encourages us to be grounded, realistic, and objective
- Mercury in Leo (until Aug 19) rules communication & cognitive abilities
- Pluto in Capricon (until Sep 29) brings shadows to light, enabling us to clear what’s not needed
- Chiron in Aries (until Sep 24) is about healing the subconscious & karmic wounds
- Jupiter has come out of retrograde and speaks to transformation and adventure. Things we have been working on since February are finally coming to fruition!
What does this mean?
You may have felt a little pushed to your limits in the last month. This is a good time for self-love and reflection. Move slowly and methodically, everything will happen when it is supposed to. Think before you speak and do. This is time to tap into your intuition, to surrender and trust.
- What motivates you?
- Have you noticed a common theme since February? What does this mean for your life moving forward?
- How is this theme tied to 2011? Are there any remnants that you can let-go of, to further move forward?
- How can you bring more self-love into your life?
Self love is best practiced on a daily basis and doesn’t need to be complex. Simply doing what you need to function at your best is perfect! By doing this, you will also be your best for others. Here are some simple ideas:
- Make sure you’re getting enough sleep – your body, mind & soul needs to be able to restore itself
- Eat nutritious meals – perhaps this would be a good time to look at incorporating more minerals and vitamins you need into your diet & eating easy to digest foods to allow your body to lightly cleanse and get the nutrients it needs
- Move your body everyday! Get into nature – go for forest walks, swim in the ocean, whatever it is that moves you, enjoy it and try incorporating mindfulness into your activity. Notice your breath, the smells, sounds & sensations
- Take mini-meditation breaks. Every two hours, take a moment to check in with your breath. Perhaps incorporate a little seated cat-cow, allowing your breath to move you
Full Moon Meditation:
You are welcome to smudge your meditation space, mindfully clearing any energies that do not serve your highest and best. For oils, I would recommend Lavender and Frankincense – full body healers. Crystal, Amethyst, and a grounding stone such as Black Obsidian can be used. This link is tuned to 852Hz for strengthening intuition.
This is a simple meditation, focusing on the breath, feeling it move through your body. You may begin by closing your eyes, taking 10 deep inhales and exhales. Ground yourself by imagining a golden cord or roots from your Root chakra reaching deep into the Earth. Create a layer of pure energy around you for protection – there are many ways to do this, which we explore in Yin. You are also welcome to email and ask me, as different techniques work for everyone. Continue with a simple inhale and exhale through your nose, allowing the belly, then the chest to expand with the inhale. Chest then belly to relax with the exhale. If you would like to practice Ujjayi or Ocean breath, please do so. This mediation is all about going with the flow. Watch what comes up as you breath. I would recommend maintaining this breath for 10-30 minutes.
As I mentioned above, try to incorporate this a few times a day for 2-5 minutes.
You are welcome to join us for Yin Thursday evening as we work with the Full Moon energy. Please register here.
Love and light,