We are all intuitive and have the capacity to know things, like many other highly intuitive animals. The problem is we often don’t listen. Yoga and meditation are particularly helpful to deepen this connection. Children generally haven’t been streamlined into our rational world and are naturally open to their intuitive experiences. Sadly, they are often dismissed as many adults who are now trying to reconnect were. So let’s try to deepen this natural connection to ourselves!
Different Forms of Intuition
There are a few different forms of intuition you may have experienced in your waking life, during meditation, or dreams:
- Clairvoyance is the ability to see things that are going on in the future or another part of the world but you are completely unaware of – a very visual depiction or dream.
- Clairaudient is ‘hearing’ something future oriented or that which you have no other way of knowing other than a supernatural connection – this happens to me frequently during meditation.
- Clairsentient is the ability to feel into another, think extreme empathy, when you can experience sensations of another person. For example, feeling when another is in emotional or physical pain – something I experience often.
- Claircognizant is a strong knowing sense of something future oriented or unrelated to you – you just know.
- Clairolfaction is knowing through scent. For example I’ve met a few who can smell when someone is about to pass away (within a week), and many men can actually smell when it’s a woman’s time of the month!
Chances are you have experienced at least one of these forms in your life, if you don’t experience it on a regular basis. It’s a gift to be connected, but can also be an overwhelming amount of sensory input. If we are unaware as to why we are experiencing certain emotions and sensations, particularly for those who are clairsentient, it can be upsetting or create anxiety.
What To Do With Intuitive Information
Positive intuitions are wonderful! I generally like to keep them to myself, note in a journal, or share with someone close to me.
If you experience anxiety from intuitive knowing, meditation is a great way to release it. Try to find a quiet space where you can sit, breathe, ground yourself, create a layer of protection around your body with white light, and relax. It may take some time, but you will likely find the source. If you are more visual, journaling prior to or after meditating can help – this is a great way to help children experiencing anxiety too. Once you have found the source, release by exhaling it in a bright indigo light. If you need to move, run, dance after your meditation to fully release – this helps me. Signing, painting are also great ways to release this energy that is not needed by us. Burning sage, or placing a clear crystal in your hands while you meditate are also great ways to release this energy.
Sometimes still it is a struggle to release this, which is where energy healers come in. Different people will connect to different healers. If this is something you are in need of, I would be more than happy to pass along some healers that I have felt do incredibly valuable work. They simply use clean energy to help balance the body, removing ‘toxins’ or energy that doesn’t belong to you. Katie@yoganorthvancouver.com
How to Deepen Your Intuitive Connection
We are all already connected to our intuition – butterflies in our stomach in anticipation of something we aren’t already consciously aware of, or just a knowing feeling. This is our instinctive nature to warn us if needed. Often we pick up so much information but may not consciously process it all. We process this information in dreams and meditation. Here are some ways to develop your intuition:
- Meditation. Try practicing at least 10 minutes a day – nothing magical may happen at first, but overtime you may notice interesting synchronicities and events happening in your life.
- Meditation with cards. Tarot, angel or other cards can be an interesting experiment for yourself. Record your experiences with cards in a journal.
- Dreams. Start recording your dreams, particularly the ones that are strongly emotional or sensory. There are many layers to dreams as information is being processed, but the very emotional ones are often speaking to us.
- Eat clean. Try to minimize your caffeine and alcohol intake. Be conscious of the food you are eating, and the people and situations you are surrounding yourself with. Everything is energy.
- Awareness. Notice your feelings and thoughts throughout the day. Taking little meditation breaks every few hours is another great way to stay connected and bring more peace into your daily life.
Enjoy! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email me.