Prenatal Yoga is a beautiful way to strengthen the body, mind, and spirit in preparation for birth and beyond. Each practice is intelligently designed to stretch & strengthen the body with specific considerations to how the body is changing during this sacred time. Your practice will include not only physical movements, but breath work and meditation all of which adapted to each phase of pregnancy. Expect to feel nourished and to come away with new knowledge that can help inform your pregnancy, birth and Motherhood journey!
Clara is a mother of two, pre and postpartum doula, birth educator, prenatal instructor & more!
Benefits of Prenatal Yoga
Pregnancy is a common time for many moms to turn to yoga, so if this is your introduction, you are not alone. Prenatal Yoga needs to be instructed by a qualified Yoga and Prenatal Yoga instructor. As you may recognize as a mama-to-be, we become more sensitive and protective of our space for good reason. It is important to move slowly, breathe deeply, and truly listen to what your body and your baby needs. A qualified Prenatal Yoga instructor will understand the needs of the pregnant woman, and be able to offer you adaptations to help you practice safely and feel more comfortable, at any stage of your pregnancy. Yoga is about connecting to the self, and what a perfect time to come into a deeper connection with yourself and the precious soul you are bringing into this world. Even in the womb, babies are hearing and absorbing the energies around them.
- Relaxes and open the hips
- Techniques to help support the process of labour, including meditation, poses, and breathwork
- Strengthens the body to help support a healthy pregnancy & labour
- Poses to help move the baby into an optimal birthing position
- Improves circulation for the mother and baby
- Exercises to help minimize restless leg, sciatica, swollen ankles and other common pregnancy concerns
- Tools to help minimize nausea and anxiety, improve sleep and increase energy
- Connecting to our intuition as mothers, helping us to stay grounded, peaceful + joyful to nourish the soul within
- Community and knowledge to help empower us as mothers and whole women
Prenatal, Preconception + Motherhood Resources and Support
Studio 202 was created to support the community, especially that of families and mothers. We host many workshops on such topics, and are able to connect you with other practitioners who may be able to support you on this journey. We also have a wonderful library, where you can borrow books on such topics. Please email Katie if you have any questions.